It’s been almost two weeks since I started working on Maranatha: A Novel.
Last Friday, I decided that I’d take weekends off. Initially, I thought I was doing this just to take a breather—and to allow any new or potential readers to catch up, so it wouldn’t seem like a constant barrage of overlong blog entries. Now, I realize that the more chapters I write the more writing-free weekends are a necessity, just so I can re-read what I’ve got so far.
I can’t believe I’m nine chapters in.
Anyway, I thought it might be nice to open the floor to comments. I know that a few friends are reading and I really appreciate your time and any comments you’ve already left! You all are keeping me focused and accountable and I really think I might be able to finish this before September (which was my goal).
Here are a few things I’m interested in hearing about from you, regarding the first nine chapters:
- Are Maranatha and/or Gideon sympathetic characters?
- What is your perception of Holy Pentecost Academy so far?
- Where does there seem to be too little development?
- What are you still left wondering about the characters/plot?
- Do the characters’ motivations and attraction(s) seem believable?
- Do you feel like the plot is moving forward?
Please feel free to address these inquiries as briefly or extensively as you’d like by leaving a comment. And don’t hesitate to chime in on anything that isn’t listed in the questions above. I welcome any observations, criticisms, or questions you may have.
Thanks again for reading. See you Monday!